::PORTLAND, OR – Show 7th DEC 2010

Portland is like that person in your life who has casual swagger and effortless cool whilst at the same time being kind, genuine, thoughtful, a whiz in the kitchen and a bloody amazing barista. You want to borrow their jacket and sniff their hair when they’re not looking.

Edible highlights: Ping (pan asian – 102 NW 4th Avenue), Gravy (3957 N. Mississippi Ave – wondrous breakfasts), Stumptown Coffee (3 locations in Portland), Voodoo Doughnuts (various locales).

That’s all we had time for this stop, but next time I’m in town I plan to visit Powell’s Books, eat at Clyde Common (“hearty peasant food”) and loiter in the lobby of Ace Hotel, or even stay there if it’s a special occasion.

Sam Braddles

A universal green room wall… band stickers and lowbrow graffiti

This entry was posted in :: TOUR LIFE. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to ::PORTLAND, OR – Show 7th DEC 2010

1. Gen Falleur says:

Super cool guys!
    All the best with the rest of the tour for 2010!
    Loving the new album-my kids’ favorite song is
    “something in the water”
    take care

2. Correction Police says:

Just a quick observation, but I see that the latest tour blog posts listed the dates as having taken place in November, while the shows in San Francisco, Portland, and the like have presumably taken place _this_ month—in December.

You maybe already have noticed this and are working on it, but just in case…

As an ex-English teacher, I simply could not suppress my typo eye (nor indeed, my critical mouth).

Cheers and blessings.

3. Amy says:

oh how i miss Portland…and Brooke Fraser. Love them both. :)

4. Sarah says:

Dear Brooke,

Thank you so much for coming to Portland! – we first heard your songs in India and have been your fans and promoters for at least 2-3 years. We just moved back to Portland a few months ago, so it was pretty amazing that we were finally watching our fav artist live on the other side of the globe! Our 6 yr old son is a Huge fan and was disappointed he couldn’t come. I’m sure there will be another concert where kids are welcome:)

5. jack says:

I can’t believe you’re coming 2Dublin! Looking forward for April!!
    Much love from Dublin!!

6. Maria says:

Ahh – the Ace. Love that space – it’s where my husband and I stayed while honeymooning. Totally wish I’d known of your concert – would have made the trek. Come to Bend OR – you’d adore it as well.

7. Jen Rider says:

awe you were in portland. That makes me happy. Come back to LA!

8. Alison says:

Hi Brooke,
    Thank you SO much for playing in Portland! You gave the most engaging, powerful, memorable performance. You are my favorite musican of all-time and it was a dream come true to see you live! My parents met you after the Santa Cruz show – I’m the girl whose sister couldn’t come to the Portland show since she’s not 21. However, I ended up bringing a guy with me that I really like. Your show was our first date, and what a wonderful one! Thank you for everything that you do – you’re an inspiration to so many.

9. Haloana says:

Oh Brooke *-* the pictures were beautiful! I’d love you to come do shows in Brazil :)
    We’re waiting!!! Xoxo :* GOD bless you!

10. Heather Smith says:

My husband and I saw you last night here in Portland. You were amazing! Thank you for a wonderful evening. Come back soon!

p.s. I tried Voodoo Doughnuts for the first time last night (we just moved to Portland) before your concert and thought they were very tasty, too. :) I’m sure you’ll enjoy Powell’s next time… we love it there!

11. kacie says:

brooke – I LOVE your jacket + outfit in the third photo. [+ you are just freaking adorable as it is.] would love to know where you got them! hope the rest of tour is panning out well. . .stay energized!

12. Hannah says:

I saw you in Portland last night and thought you were brilliant. Thank you so much for coming back and I’ve already lined up more folks to bring when you return the next time :)

By the way, next time you’re here, definitely eat at Clarklewis. It’s (in my opinion), the best restaurant in Portland (I think Clyde Common is good too, but it can’t compare to Clarklewis :)

Thanks again.

13. Rick Spitzbart says:

Heya Brooke, can’t wait for you to tour New Plymouth New Zealand, looking forward to it :) see you in feb

R.

14. Katiti says:

I would like to ask for permission to draw the voodoo doughnut where Brooke is eating the box, please???

15. jaimie says:

This was a fantastic show! Musically inspiring!

16. abie says:

awesome blog, brooke 😀

17. Ellesse says:

Next time you go to Portland, you must, must- MUST eat at a place called Pine State Biscuits. The most elaborate and delicious concoctions of your typical buttermilk biscuits you’ve never thought of. Powell’s books won’t disappoint. and you need to find the place they call Tender Loving Empire- i feel like you’d love it :) Apparel, funky gifts, accessories, record label- all homemade and home grown in PDX.

see you in Scottsdale at the ranch of Martinis!

18. BROOKE FRASER COME SING IN BRAZIL PLEASE